Did You Know…About Choice Boards?
· Did you know that children in our Preschool and Kindergarten Prep classes use choice boards to help them decide which interest area they will play in?
· Making choices is a very important skill for children and they become active participants in focusing their choices by using the choice board.
· Choice boards also serve as a classroom management tool to help limit how many children are in one particular interest area at any given time.
· The choice system helps children think about what they are doing and reflect on it later.
· It also fosters self help skills and helps children be independent and self-sufficient.
· The children also learn to clean up their interest area before moving on to another area.