A custom designed physical education room and Movement Matters curriculum, Created by our Movement Matters Teacher, is provided daily for the children to explore. The Movement Matters zone presents opportunities to extend children’s skills and knowledge through open-ended, and meaningful, physical experiences. Miss Steph, our Movement Matters Teacher, introduces exciting large motor activities, open-ended child directed choices, teamwork practices, and other skills such as balancing and special-awareness. Miss Steph's Movement Matters program supports the Well Aware component of our curriculum, The World at Their Fingertips and is integrated into weekly and daily activities.
In the Movement Matters Zone we:
· Improved locomotion, balance and coordination
· Improved endurance, flexibility and strength
· Improved eye-hand/eye-foot coordination
· Improved large and small muscle development
· Increased body and spatial awareness