Mealtimes as times of relaxation, connection and learning!
Family style dining reflects an atmosphere of respect and tranquility, where everyone, children & teachers, sit down together. Mealtimes are turned into prime times, with opportunities for meaningful one-on-one interaction. Children experience a relaxed atmosphere of enjoyment rather than feeling rushed.
What are the benefits of family style dining?
• It is a valuable time for adults to model appropriate behaviors & social interactions.
• Independence is fostered. As they serve themselves, children feel empowered & learn what they are capable of doing as well as how to make meaningful choices.
• Language is developed as children engage in conversations with adults & peers.
• Fine motor skills are fostered.
• Mathematical skills such one to one correspondence are developed.
• Mathematical language is learned: more, less, etc. . .
• Children develop & practice patience.
• Children often sit longer & try new foods when they eat with a teacher & peers and are able to serve themselves.
To see our menu read more!