Find an Answer to Your Question
- What are the educational goals of Bright Horizons?
- What is The World At Their Fingertips?
- Is there a playground on-site?
- Where can I learn more about other Bright Horizons locations?
- May I bring in food from home for my child?
- What is NAEYC accreditation?
- I'm not quite ready to enroll in the center but I am interested in continuing to hear about what is happening at the center. How can I get information more regularly?
- What is the relationship between Bright Horizons and The Partnership for a Healthier America?
- Are all staff trained in CPR and First Aid?
- What if I’d like to enroll but the center doesn’t have space available?
- I'm interested in applying for a job at this center. Is there someone I can contact?
- Is Part Time Care available?
- Are meals provided at the center?
- Can you please give me directions to the center?
- How much is tuition at Bekare Child Development Center?
- What ages does BeKare Child Development Center serve?
- Where is the center located?
What are the educational goals of Bright Horizons?
Comprehensive, optimum development of each child: mind, body, social self, and character.
Preparation for Success in Life
- Approaching life as an invitation to learn
- Becoming a confident and competent lifelong learner
- Becoming a confident and competent user of technology
- Developing emotional intelligence: personal power and social skills
Preparation for Academic Excellence
- Developing the social and cognitive skills necessary for school success
- Achieving excellence in language and literacy
- Developing an engaged, reflective, inquisitive mind and appreciation of science
- Achieving excellence in logical/mathematical understanding
A Rich and Rewarding Childhood
- Happy days
- Wonderful relationships
- A World of experience
What is The World At Their Fingertips?
Bright Horizons curriculum, The World at Their Fingertips, is our unique curriculum designed to engage children in active learning that prepares them for school while helping them achieve their individual potential and fostering a spirit of community. It includes curriculum elements such as Language Works, Math Counts, Science Rocks, ArtSmart, Our World and Well Aware that cross all age groups. For more on information on our curriculum, click here.
Is there a playground on-site?
Yes. We have an Infant, Toddler, Twos and Preschool Playground. All age groups have their own playground.
Where can I learn more about other Bright Horizons locations?
To find other locations, please visit www.brighthorizons.com/locator.
May I bring in food from home for my child?
Due to many food allergies, we ask that you do not bring in food from home.
What is NAEYC accreditation?
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) has developed standards to define and recognize quality child care programs. In order to be accredited, a child care program must meet a variety of strict criteria, including having a well-trained faculty, good staff-child ratios and group sizes, and a comprehensive curriculum, as well as meet stringent health and safety standards. The program must also provide meaningful opportunities for family involvement.
I'm not quite ready to enroll in the center but I am interested in continuing to hear about what is happening at the center. How can I get information more regularly?
We encourage any family interested in center information, regular updates and invitations to the many events we are planning, to contact us.
What is the relationship between Bright Horizons and The Partnership for a Healthier America?
For more information about this relationship, click here.
Are all staff trained in CPR and First Aid?
All Bright Horizons staff are trained regularly in CPR, even if not required by the state. First Aid is taught as required by state licensing agency/regulations so that you can feel confident that your child is safe and receiving the best care possible at our center.
What if I’d like to enroll but the center doesn’t have space available?
We suggest you register with Bright Horizons. You can select up to 3 locations to be registered at, including the center you are most interested in. By registering, you are confirming your strong interest in all 3 centers. We will add you to our wait list and you will be offered a space as soon as one becomes available. While waiting for a space to become available at your first choice location, many families will choose to enroll at their 2nd or 3rd choice temporarily until space becomes available at the center they are most interested in. In many centers, a child currently enrolled at a Bright Horizons location has priority over the general community so enrolling at another location will not only solve your care needs but will also give you additional priority in getting into your 1st preference. Our goal is to accommodate families as soon as space allows. During the entire process, we will keep in touch with you regarding your status.
I'm interested in applying for a job at this center. Is there someone I can contact?
For job listings and to complete the application process, please visit www.brighthorizons.com/careers.
Is Part Time Care available?
We do offer part time care at this time based on availability. Please contact the center for rates and availability.
Are meals provided at the center?
Yes. All meals are included in the tuition. We serve breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.
Can you please give me directions to the center?
From downtown Birmingham, take I-65 South to I-459 North. Take the Acton road exit. Take a right at the bottom of the exit. Bekare Child Development Center will be the first building on the right.
From Hwy 280, take I-459 south to the Acton road exit. Take a left at the exit and we are the first building on the right.
How much is tuition at Bekare Child Development Center?
Tuition rates are established in alignment with comparable, high-quality child care centers in the surrounding area. When establishing these rates, Bekare Child Development Center works hard to balance tuition rates with the need to deliver the highest quality care possible. Our tuition rates take into account the following factors:
- Lower classroom ratios and smaller group sizes
- Professional training, management, and support for teachers
- Ample equipment and resources for children and families
- Special programs at the center that are included in tuition such as meals, yoga, and music
Actual monthly tuition will vary by family depending on the number of days per week the child(ren) will be in the center, the program in which they’ll be enrolled – Infant, Toddlers, Preschool , selected enrichments, etc. To find out more information about the specific tuition rate that will meet your family’s needs and schedule, please contact the center directly at (205) 397-3516.
What ages does BeKare Child Development Center serve?
BeKare Child Development Center offers programs for children starting at six weeks of age in our infant program through to five year olds in our private preschool and kindergarten prep programs.