Find an Answer to Your Question
- What resources does Bright Horizons offer to families?
- How can I be assured my child will be ready for school?
- I'm interested in applying for a job at this center. Is there someone I can contact?
- What is Bright Horizons' process on checking the background of their employees?
- Are meals provided at the center?
- What if I’d like to enroll but the center doesn’t have space available?
- Can I visit my child at the center anytime I’d like to?
- I'm not quite ready to enroll in the center but I am interested in continuing to hear about what is happening at the center. How can I get information more regularly?
- Is part-time care available?
- Is there a playground on-site?
- How can I obtain information about tuition?
- Where can I learn more about other Bright Horizons locations?
- What are the educational goals of Bright Horizons?
- What is the relationship between Bright Horizons and The Partnership for a Healthier America?
- What is The World At Their Fingertips?
- Are all staff trained in CPR and First Aid?
What resources does Bright Horizons offer to families?
Bright Horizons offers many resources to support families’ efforts to nurture children’s development, be actively involved in their education, and balance work/life demands:
Center Based Resources:
- Family Partnership Group
- Special family events
- Daily communications
- Open door policy
- Monthly newsletters
- Document boards
- Collaborative partnerships between families and teachers
- Web-Based Resources
- Bright Horizons online community – www.brighthorizons.com/community
- e-family news – www.brighthorizons.com/efamily-news
- Education at Bright Horizons – www.brighthorizons.com/education
- Growing at Bright Horizons – www.brighthorizons.com/growing
- Family Room Blog – https://blogs.brighthorizons.com/familyroom/
- What Happened to My World website – www.brighthorizons.com/talktochildren
- Parent webinar series – www.brighthorizons.com/growing/parent-webinar
How can I be assured my child will be ready for school?
Bright Horizons regularly conducts systematic studies to assess children’s preparedness for entering elementary school as perceived by the children’s parents and elementary school teachers. Through child-directed (emergent) and teacher-guided choices, the emphasis is on reading, writing, math, science, art, social skills, and creative movement. The program helps children approach school and academics with skills, confidence, and the drive for excellence. Key findings from the recent study include:
Perspectives on Bright Horizons’ Preparation of Children for School
|Bright Horizons graduates met or exceeded their expectations for school readiness.||93%||97%|
|Bright Horizons graduates enter elementary school with a strong enthusiasm for learning.||90%||99%|
|Bright Horizons graduates were well prepared with the reading and math skills needed for academic success.||90%||90%|
I'm interested in applying for a job at this center. Is there someone I can contact?
For job listings and to complete the application process, please visit www.brighthorizons.com/careers.
What is Bright Horizons' process on checking the background of their employees?
Bright Horizons conducts a comprehensive background check on all prospective employees and frequent visitors. The background check consists of a county criminal record check for the past seven years performed in all counties that a person has lived, worked or attended school. In addition to the county criminal search , a sex offender search, OFAC search and a social security verification trace are also conducted. For all location employees, program licensing background checks required by the state are also performed.
Are meals provided at the center?
Yes, we provide nutritious snacks, breakfast, and lunch daily that are brought in daily homemade from an outside caterer.
What if I’d like to enroll but the center doesn’t have space available?
We suggest you register with Bright Horizons. You can select up to 3 locations to be registered at, including the center you are most interested in. By registering, you are confirming your strong interest in all 3 centers. We will add you to our wait list and you will be offered a space as soon as one becomes available. While waiting for a space to become available at your first choice location, many families will choose to enroll at their 2nd or 3rd choice temporarily until space becomes available at the center they are most interested in. In many centers, a child currently enrolled at a Bright Horizons location has priority over the general community so enrolling at another location will not only solve your care needs but will also give you additional priority in getting into your 1st preference. Our goal is to accommodate families as soon as space allows. During the entire process, we will keep in touch with you regarding your status.
Can I visit my child at the center anytime I’d like to?
Yes, Bright Horizons has an open door policy. You are encouraged to visit your child anytime.
I'm not quite ready to enroll in the center but I am interested in continuing to hear about what is happening at the center. How can I get information more regularly?
We encourage any family interested in center information, regular updates and invitations to the many events we are planning, to contact us.
Is part-time care available?
Yes, we offer 2, 3, and 5 full day care a week. We also have care available from 9:00am to 12:00pm for 2, 3 or 5 days a week.
Is there a playground on-site?
We have playgrounds that wrap around our building. The playgrounds arranged according to age groups (Infants, Toddlers and 2 Year Olds, 3 Year Olds and Prekindergarten, Kindergarten and School Age, and a sandbox). The playgrounds are fenced and have both a soft surface and grassy areas to play on.
How can I obtain information about tuition?
Tuition varies by schedule and by individual classroom. To find out more information about tuition, please contact us directly.
Where can I learn more about other Bright Horizons locations?
To find other locations, please visit www.brighthorizons.com/locator.
What are the educational goals of Bright Horizons?
Comprehensive, optimum development of each child: mind, body, social self, and character. Preparation for Success in Life
- Approaching life as an invitation to learn
- Becoming a confident and competent lifelong learner
- Becoming a confident and competent user of technology
- Developing emotional intelligence: personal power and social skills
- Developing the social and cognitive skills necessary for school success
- Achieving excellence in language and literacy
- Developing an engaged, reflective, inquisitive mind and appreciation of science
- Achieving excellence in logical/mathematical understanding
A Rich and Rewarding Childhood
- Happy days
- Wonderful relationships
- A World of experience
What is the relationship between Bright Horizons and The Partnership for a Healthier America?
For more information about this relationship, click here.
What is The World At Their Fingertips?
Bright Horizons curriculum, The World at Their Fingertips, is our unique curriculum designed to engage children in active learning that prepares them for school while helping them achieve their individual potential and fostering a spirit of community. It includes curriculum elements such as Language Works, Math Counts, Science Rocks, ArtSmart, Our World and Well Aware that cross all age groups. For more on information on our curriculum, click here.
Are all staff trained in CPR and First Aid?
All Bright Horizons staff are trained regularly in CPR, even if not required by the state. First Aid is taught as required by state licensing agency/regulations so that you can feel confident that your child is safe and receiving the best care possible at our center.